Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Project Mulberry

I just started reading Project Mulberry.  I read the first chapter and I was liking it.  It seemed like a quick read and I felt like it was going to be interesting.  Then (and sorry if I ruin anything for people who haven't started) there was a section where the character, Julia, was having a conversation with the author about the ideas and stories behind the book.  As of right now I am not liking that.  I read the first one and decided that for the rest of the book I am going to skip them.  I feel like it takes you out of the story and it makes you realize you are reading a story.  It makes it hard to get into it when you are constantly being reminded that this is a story and isn't real.  I don't know if anyone agrees with me or feels otherwise.  I would love to hear what others think.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, Karen, I totally agree with you! I really enjoy the storyline, but I do not enjoy being reminded that I am reading a story! I want to skip over the little sections between Julie and the author, but I feel like I might miss something important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree too. I did not like the conversations with the author, I thought it interrupted the flow of the book, so i also skipped over them.

    ReplyDelete