Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bronx Masquerade

I have been reading Bronx Masquerade and have really been loving it. It think it really shows so many different perspectives and really shows that what is seen on the outside isn't always what is on the inside. I found a link to Nikki Grimes website where she discusses the book and I thought I would share it with you. I also found a youtube clip of a classroom that took up the open mike Friday in their class and I thought it was really cool.


Youtube clip

Nikki Grimes Article




3 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree with you! I thought the book was very interesting as well and I enjoyed it a lot. A lot more then I thought I would. The exact statement "not to judge a book by its cover" couldn't be more true in this instance. I wish more books were like this. Also thanks for posting that link, that was an interesting video/watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these resources. I found Grimes' website very useful. I have been citing this book in my TE classes for the last 2 weeks, but even more...it has challenged me to see the "poet" in all of my students. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete